Kagerou Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kagerou Studios project forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Off Topic Contest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Meg
Admin
Admin
Meg

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-05-12

New Off Topic Contest Empty
PostSubject: New Off Topic Contest   New Off Topic Contest EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 11:45 am

Here's the newest off topic contest, the honor code is in place *coughg* Varja *cough* so please no cheating or "googling" for the answers.

Here's three riddles... the first to submit answers to all three is the winner.

On a beautiful spring day in the park, there were five female cats walking together and gossiping about their humans. Up ahead, there were five males walking together bragging about their conquests. When the two groups met, there were five cupids flying through the air. Next thing ya know, there were five couples walking away in separate directions. The couples began talking and soon found that they had amazing things in common. Well, long story short, we all know what happens to cats that fall in love in the springtime, oh my what a racket! Can you figure out who the couples were, what treats they liked, what their favorite activity was and how many kittens each had in their litter?

Male: Punkin, Batman, Billy, Jake, Dibii
Female: Pepper, Sally, Ruby, Spot, Starbuck
Snack: Chicken, Mice, Tuna, Ice Cream, Chips
Activity: Laser, String, Sleep, Beat Up, Ball
# in Litter: 1,3,5,7,9

1. The five males were: Jake, the one that liked tuna fish & had five kittens, the one that liked Spot, the one that liked to beat up other cats, and the one that loved ice cream.

2. The five females were: Starbuck, the one that had nine kittens, the one that liked to eat chicken & chase a ball, the one that liked to sleep, and the one that liked Punkin.

3. Dibii ( who had three kittens) liked to chase the laser light but not mice. On the other hand, Sally loved to chase mice but not string.

4. Batman didn't have a thing for Sally and he didn't have seven kittens. Billy, who thought of himself as very big & tough, had the most kittens & wasn't about to chase some stupid string around - what a waste of time!

5. Ruby loved to cuddle up to her male for a long afternoon nap in the sun but hated it when he ate his chips in bed. That may be the reason they didn't have the most kittens (they didn't have the least either).

6. Pepper & Punkin didn't have one kitten but they did like tuna fish.

Harry and his friends decide to share the last of a packet of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour beans. None were impressed with the flavour of their bean, so each decided to show off their skills by casting a different spell on them. Who cast what spell on which bean?

(Note: Primary colours refer to those of pigments, ie blue, red and yellow.)

Friends: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville and Hagrid
Colours: Green, Blue, Red, Orange and Purple
Flavours: Vomit, Earwax, Cardboard, Snot and Mud
Spell: Vanishing, Speaking, Levitating, Exploding and Growing

1. The boy with the cardboard flavoured bean cast a spell which made noise. The earwax flavoured bean was very quiet.

2. Harry's bean was a primary colour.

3. Hermione's bean, which was not purple, grew almost out of control.

4. The red vomit flavoured bean was levitated.

5. Hagrid's bean, which was not a primary colour, exploded after a failed illuminating spell.

6. Neville's orange bean did not speak.

7. The green bean questioned where the orange bean had gone.

8. The snot flavoured bean was blue. The green bean did not taste like earwax. The purple bean was mud flavoured.

Five brothers share a common trait of forgetfulness that has gotten them in hot water with their girlfriends. After a string of forgotten birthdays, anniversaries and even dates, the brothers' girlfriends were fed up. After a brainstorming session, the brothers devised a new holiday - Girlfriend Appreciation Day. For the big day, the five brothers have dates with their girlfriends. Each one bought a different gift and a dozen roses of a different color. Each couple is going to a different destination on their date. Determine each brother's name, the name of their girlfriend, the gift and color of roses he is giving her, and their date destination.

Brothers - Ted, Tim, Tom, Travis, Tyler
Girls - Andrea, Brooke, Jessica, Laura, Vanessa
Gift - Bracelet, Candy, Music Box, Necklace, Ring
Color of Roses - Pale Purple, Pink, White, Red, Yellow
Date Destinations - Basketball Game, Dinner, Ice-Skating, Movie, Theater

1. The five brothers are: Tyler, the brother giving his girlfriend the ring and red roses, the one giving his girlfriend pink roses, the one taking Laura to a movie, and the one taking his girlfriend ice-skating.
2. The five girlfriends are: Andrea (who isn't going to the basketball game), the woman getting the ring, Brooke (who isn't getting the bracelet); Ted's girlfriend, and the one getting the candy and the yellow roses.
3. The brother taking his girlfriend to the movie is either Tim or Tyler (who isn't giving his girlfriend the necklace).
4. Vanessa and Ted's girlfriend (who isn't receiving the necklace) are, in some order, the woman going to the theater and the one receiving white roses.
5. Neither Travis nor Tom (whose girlfriend isn't Andrea) is taking his girlfriend to the basketball game.

And here's one I assumed no one would get.... but I really like it... so it's not part of the puzzle... but if you can get it you get bonus points Smile

If you use a certain formula on 13, you end up with 7.

Under the same formula, 2352 becomes 16, 246 becomes 14, 700 turns into 16, and 1030 becomes 14.

What would 9304 become?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dancingmonkey

PostSubject: Re: New Off Topic Contest   New Off Topic Contest EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:27 pm

The third one sucks. I aint fighting with it today...

Heres the first two tho. Razz

Batman and Spot have 1 kitten, like chicken and playing with ball.
Dibii and Starbuck have 3 kittens, like ice cream and chasing lasers.
Punkin and Pepper have 5 kittens, like tuna and playing with string.
Jake and Ruby have 7 kittens, like chips and sleeping alot.
Billy and Sally have 9 kittens, like chasing mice and fighting.

Harry has a red, vomit-flavored levitating bean.
Ron has a green, cardboard-flavored talking bean.
Hermione has a blue, snot-flavored growing bean.
Neville has an orange, earwax-flavored vanishing bean.
Hagrid has a purple, mud-flavored exploding bean.
Back to top Go down
oblivionator
Admin
Admin
oblivionator

Male
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: New Off Topic Contest   New Off Topic Contest EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 2:52 am

i got the exact same answers as james for the first 2 questions, here's the answers for the 3rd.

Ted's girlfriend is Jessica, he gave her a music box and white roses and took her ice-skating.
Tim's girlfriend is Laura, he gave her candy and yellow roses and took her to a movie.
Tom's girlfriend is Vanessa, he gave her a ring and red roses and took her to a theater.
Travis' girlfriend is Brooke, he gave her a necklace and pink roses and took her to a basketball game.
Tyler's girlfriend is Andrea, he gave her a bracelet and pale purple roses and took her to dinner.

dont know the answer to the bonus question, was never good with math lol.

EDIT: I realized there's a problem with my answer, will fix it later.

Last edited by oblivionator on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.devilmayfly.net

PostSubject: Re: New Off Topic Contest   New Off Topic Contest EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 2:56 am

i fought for an hour with the math question, i couldnt figure it out.
Back to top Go down
enix2
Level 5
Level 5
enix2

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: New Off Topic Contest   New Off Topic Contest EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 9:02 am

darn, i should of posted my answers yesterday!
I'm gonna get started with the math one...
Back to top Go down
Meg
Admin
Admin
Meg

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: New Off Topic Contest   New Off Topic Contest EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 2:58 am

since i assume no one's gotten the math one here's a big hint... it involves binary code
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dancingmonkey
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Off Topic Contest   New Off Topic Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

New Off Topic Contest
Page 1 of 1