Kagerou Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kagerou Studios project forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RRR Mapping Contest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Meg
Admin
Admin
Meg

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-05-12

RRR Mapping Contest Empty
PostSubject: RRR Mapping Contest   RRR Mapping Contest EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 2:45 pm

For all of our mappers... and people who have mapping skills, RRR is having a mapping contest:

(copied from RRR)

The 3rd official RRR mapping contest is now open! Everyone is encouraged to enter regardless of
what level of mapping skill you think you have. If you’re one of those who didn’t enter last time
because you didn’t see it, this is your chance! The theme for this contest is mountain.

If you wish to participate, please design a map (in RPG Maker 2000, 2003, XP, or VX) that fits
all of the following guidelines:
-Your map must have a mountain theme.
-Your map may be any size, but we prefer you keep it less than 100x100 tiles.
-Your map may use overlays, events, lighting and weather effects.
-Your map must be submitted in picture format (preferably PNG).

Other than that, the contest is open to your creativity and resourcefulness. You may use any
chipset you like.
Maps will be judged by their appeal and playability. (The map must look like the player could
navigate through it without too much trouble, but still look nice.)

To capture a screenshot of your map, press the ‘Print Scrn’ button on your keyboard (above
Insert) while in-game. Then open up an image editing document such as microsoft paint and paste
the image into it. If your map is bigger than 15 x 20, you will need to get more than one
screenshot and paste them over each other.

No editing the map outside of RPG Maker is allowed! This means no photoshopping, GIMPing,
or doing anything else to your picture after you paste it into an image file.

To submit an entry, email it along with your username to GoldenGriffon[at]gmail[dot]com or PM
it to GoldenGriffon or Vale, preferrably both. All entries will be presented in the staff forum and judged after the deadline.

The deadline is June 20, 2008. All entries must be submitted by midnight the day before,
June 19th.

Again, we encourage all of you to join this. The more people enter, the merrier, and the better it
looks if you win. Go for it!

Note: I would appreciate help in advertising news of this so that all the members see it. If you would like to help me out, copy this code and put it into your signature! Thanks!

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/?showtopic=14551"]RRR Mapping Contest RRRmappingcontestsigpng[/url]

Addition by Vale: Note that this map made for this contest can only be meant for an RPG made with the RPG Maker series, excluding Sim RPG Maker 95. If you have any complaints, PM either me, GoldenGriffon or Garlyle, or post in the Site Feedback forum if you think the exclusion of other makers is a serious issue, and would have a large impact on the number of contest entries.

(end of copied text)

It'd be great for all of our mappers to enter (and hopefully win)... that way we get our name out more Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dancingmonkey
FlyingWeaselMan
Level 6
Level 6
FlyingWeaselMan

Male
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-05-13

RRR Mapping Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: RRR Mapping Contest   RRR Mapping Contest EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:06 am

This'll be a great chance for me to practice my mad skillz. lol.
Back to top Go down

RRR Mapping Contest
Page 1 of 1