Kagerou Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kagerou Studios project forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)

Go down 
+2
GFX Slave
Meg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Meg
Admin
Admin
Meg

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-05-12

NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) Empty
PostSubject: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 10:09 pm

ok guys... the management and I have come to an executive decision... Bryan, Kylan, and I will not be participating in the minigames. We feel that we would prefer to see some of the other team members step up into leadership positions. We're leaving it up to you guys to create your own teams and present miniprojects.

These miniprojects are important. When this game is finished we'll have a set number of positions opened for the next project. Team members who have shown initiative and talent will have the first stab at positions and then we'll release openings to the general public.

There is a reason I'm saying this here and now, we want to keep team members that are capable of stepping up to the plate when needed on the team. We want people to take the initiative to become team leaders, develop good teams, and produce high quality results. Any work you do on the miniprojects will be looked at when it comes time to hire for the next project.

Now onto what this miniproject will be...

We want you to create a short story (1-2 pgs) and then create a map of the town it takes place in. Think of it as a screenshot of a part of your story. There are no strict rules to this minicontest. Any map size, any tileset, custom or RTP, and any maker.

Miniprojects will be due at midnight July 31, any projects not submitted by that date WILL NOT be counted as submitted and will not be entered into the voting.

Thanks to all of you who step up and make a great project Smile

-Meg

(today is still not too late for ppl to join the minigame teams... but when the teams get started it will be)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dancingmonkey
GFX Slave
Level 7
Level 7

Male
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 5:29 am

Ooh this is a great way to work on my personal art project Very Happy I'll just need to write everything down and make a map. By the way does it need to be a town, or can it be a continent? (I mean the drawn map, not the map made from the tiles)
Back to top Go down
Rinkashime
Level 5
Level 5
Rinkashime

Male
Number of posts : 67
Location : LUNE as in: Linschoten, Utrecht, Netherlands, Europe
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 6:28 am

Great idea! Only i've got one question;
are the miniprojects to be made in teams, or just solo Because i guess you'd see more ideas in individual projects, and it's not very hard to place a story into a little game (if theres someone who does need help with it, i will !)

That's all :3
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/gamerswebs
Berserker
Level 5
Level 5
Berserker

Male
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 6:39 am

are we still working in our teams?
because my members are never on when im on.

or do we form new teams now?
Back to top Go down
Meg
Admin
Admin
Meg

Female

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 1:07 pm

no, you'll form your own teams now... whoever you'd like... as many or as few as you'd like Smile and yes you can do it solo if you'd wish, i prefer you to stick to one town for time's sake... but if you really wanna draw more... i guess you're welcome to it... but i do need tiles done for the project too... not just a drawn map Smile but you can provide both if you'd wish... like i said, this project isn't going to be super strict... use your talents whatever they are and let them shine through Smile
Back to top Go down
enix2
Level 5
Level 5
enix2

Number of posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 6:28 pm

so, we form groups from 1-__ people and make a short RPG?
Back to top Go down
Meg
Admin
Admin
Meg

Female

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 11:30 pm

no, not a short rpg... not a whole game... just a short story... and a map to go along with it Smile...
Back to top Go down
Rinkashime
Level 5
Level 5
Rinkashime

Male

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 4:51 am

Okay, i'll solo this one Razz
Back to top Go down
GFX Slave
Level 7
Level 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:36 am

I think I'm going to do this with Berserker, if he wants to?
Back to top Go down
oblivionator
Admin
Admin
oblivionator

Male
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 11:47 am

do pm each other and form your teams asap so you guys can start putting your heads together and create something fun and original! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.devilmayfly.net
Meg
Admin
Admin
Meg

Female

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:15 pm

also, when you guys get teams set up let me know who's in them and your team name and i can make you a private topic for you to discuss on Smile
Back to top Go down
enix2
Level 5
Level 5
enix2

Number of posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:27 pm

Is it just one map?
(okay, I guess I'll go solo if anything)
Back to top Go down
Meg
Admin
Admin
Meg

Female

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:32 pm

yeppers... 1 map and 1 short story to go along with it Smile (kinda like drawing a illustration of a part of the story)
Back to top Go down
GFX Slave
Level 7
Level 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 4:36 pm

oblivionator wrote:
do pm each other and form your teams asap so you guys can start putting your heads together and create something fun and original! Very Happy

I'm waiting for his response Smile
Back to top Go down
Rinkashime
Level 5
Level 5
Rinkashime

Male

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:19 am

My solo team: Solo-Wooteh :O

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GFX Slave
Level 7
Level 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 1:12 pm

Can we postpone the deadline to this Sunday? I couldn't work on it since my Vista crashed and I had to reinstall everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)   NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED) Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW MINICONTEST (REVISED)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kagerou Studios :: The Lounge :: Competitions (For Fun)-
Jump to: